Internal Sales Engineer-Sales and Marketing Team
- To support the Account Managers/Business Development Mangers in all aspects of the management of new and existing customer accounts.
- To be the internal contact person to deal with all customer enquires relating to the technical, commercial, and project management requirements of new and existing customer accounts.
- To work with other departments of the business to ensure that customer requirements are met in an organised and timely manner.
- To manage the day-to-day operation of new and existing customer accounts from a technical and commercial perspective, including dealing with technical enquiries, producing technical and commercial proposals.
- To be the primary point of contact for new and existing customer account customers’ staff including; purchasing, project management, engineering and sales to provide fast and efficient responses.
- To liaise with the relevant internal company stakeholders including; Engineering, sales operations, production, purchasing, etc. to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the new and existing customer accounts.
- To independently manage and create product sales quotations through to large contracts for bespoke solutions, review technically and make commercial proposals to meet the customer requirements.
- Take the lead role in arranging and running of Contract reviews at enquiry and / or order stage, ensuring all Technical, Quality Assurance and Purchasing matters are resolved.
- To independently manage a range of process type enquiries and propose suitable technical and commercial solutions to the customers' requirements.
- To see that all orders are entered onto electronic systems within 12 hours of receipt ensuring that information given to manufacturing and subsequently transmitted to the customer is accurate and adequate.
- Ensure all orders that result from a quotation conform in all aspects to the terms offered before processing / entering the order on to the system.
- Provide customers with order acknowledgements of orders placed.
- Follow up selected quotations in conjunction with the Account Managers / Business Development Managers and record feedback on the enquiry log system (CRM).
- Ensure that products are sold profitably as determined by the business.
- Ensure responses to enquiries, orders and all other activities are according to identified time-scales.
- Ensure that customer complaints are acknowledged within 12 hours and that necessary remedial action is taken within the Company.
- Liaise with all departments in the Company, customers and all sales channels
- To develop and maintain knowledge and work within Company policies, practices, systems, procedures and product knowledge.
- Deal with Customer Visits as required (internal)
- Evaluate requests for returned goods and raising initial paperwork for action in accordance with the returned goods procedure.
- In conjunction with the Sales Managers, visit customers’ premises as required.
- To contribute to achievement of the overall sales and marketing plan in terms of sales revenue, gross margin and market penetration.
- To establish Rainford Solutions as the primary supplier to the potential and existing customer accounts in order to maximise sales.
- To provide outstanding technical sales support to new and existing customer accounts to ensure that they become and continue to be long term customers of Rainford Solutions.
- Up to date experience of designing and manufacturing metal fabrication products and bespoke solutions. Ideally in a telecommunications, transport or defence market vertical.
- Must have the ability to develop effective communication with both customers and colleagues.
- Ability to coordinate projects across departmental boundaries.
- An efficient and logical approach to workload management.
Individual Requirements (Essential):-
- HNC or degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent). To be an engineer who understands the modern methods of fabrication and manufacture.
- Previous experience of handling sales customer enquiries and customer accounts across multiple national and international locations.
- An individual with a ‘self-starter’ attitude and good attention detail.
- Strong commercial awareness and some previous internal or external sales experience.
- The ability to communicate tactfully and clearly.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritise heavy and variable workload.
- Professional attitude to all aspects of customer care
Individual Requirements (Preferred):-
- Previous experience of handling new and existing customer enquiries and contracts.
- Previous experience in the manufacture of racks, cabinets and enclosures industry.
- High level of sales awareness and commercial judgment.
- Commercially astute and an effective negotiator.
- Understands manufacturing computerised business systems and the demands of an ISO 9001 environment or similar.
- Proven history of delivering complex technical contracts as per client’s specification.
- Competent with Microsoft work packages including; Dynamics CRM, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and Solidworks (AutoCAD).
Rainford Solutions Support:-
- Office Based Role (WA11 8LS).
- Desk, phone, laptop and mobile phone.
- Training to include; Company products & capabilities, internal processes and company procedures, systems (M1 & CRM) and support departments.
- If you are interested in the above role please submit your CV with covering application letter to Dawn Ratcliffe firstname.lastname@example.org