Graduate Engineer – Operations
The Graduate Engineer – Continuous Improvement will work in collaboration with the Operations Project Leader within all key operational manufacturing areas, using a variety of continuous improvement tactics including kaizen and six sigma methodologies. To evaluate a variety of processes and drive through improvement in change solutions, delivering tangible production efficiency improvements.
The Graduate Engineer reports to the Operations Director.
- Analyse system bottlenecks and inefficiencies, seeking solutions
- Promote lean techniques and process management
- Plan and facilitate kaizen activities / events across the designated operational areas
- Integrate with all functions to define process capabilities, assess gaps and develop gap closure plans
- Create communication and manage process for continuous improvement projects engaging all stake holders
- Identify and create standard processes throughout operations areas
- Collaborate with management to train employees on new manufacturing practices
- Analyse output under new practices
- Excellent IT skills including; Microsoft, AutoCAD, etc.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- A valid driver’s license
Desired Personal Qualities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Superb time management and professionalism
- A growth mind set and willingness to learn
- Team working and delegation
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Opportunity to progress into a technical or production management position
- £22 – 24K