Electrical enclosures specialists Rainford Solutions provides custom designed outdoor street cabinets to house complex fibre solutions for broadband networks. There are generally two different types of fibre optic broadband connections referred to as FTTC (Fibre-to-the-Cabinet) and FTTH (Fibre-to-the-Home). Fibre optic cables are used to help increase the speed of broadband connections for both home users and business users for superfast and full-fibre broadband.
FTTC (Fibre-to-the-Cabinet) is also known as Fibre-to-the-Kerb, involves running a fibre optic cable from a telephone exchange to an outdoor streetside cabinet which is then connected to a standard phone line to provide broadband to home or business users.
FTTH (Fibre-to-the-Home) is also known as FTTP (Fibre-to-the-Premises), involves running a fibre optic cable the full distance from a telephone exchange right to the home or premises delivering an end-to-end full fibre optic connection.
Broadband Cabinets Key Features & Benefits:
The FTTH (Fibre-to-the-Home) outdoor cabinets are supported by a robust thermal management system to provide heating and cooling suitable for the equipment, further benefits of these outdoor cabinets include:
- Significant energy conservation
- Intelligent speed control in the cooling system providing extended life of the components
- Lowered costs related with the energy and material consumption
- Minimized environmental impact
Rural Broadband Deployment:
Rainford Solutions has supplied Broadband 4 Rural North (B4RN) with custom designed FTTH (Fibre-to-the-Home) outdoor cabinets for their super fast broadband. This short video below features the B4RN Team showing our FTTH outdoor cabinets in action!
- Please complete our Enquiry Form for further information on our FTTH, FTTC, FTTP broadband street cabinets, rural broadband infrastructure solutions, 5G, ISPs, IoT