Rural Broadband Deployment
Project: Rural Broadband
Company profile and request:
B4RN has been set up as a not-for-profit organisation in order to tackle the problem of digital divide between remote and rural communities. Local residents of the East Lancashire decided to provide their community with 1000Mps fibre-optic broadband network, one of the fastest in the world.
Project goals and strategy:
The organisation needed an enclosure to hold complex fibre solutions supported by a robust thermal management system to provide heating and cooling suitable for the equipment.
- Enclosures supported by a robust thermal management system to provide heating andcooling suitable for the equipment
- Significant energy conservation
- Intelligent speed control in the cooling system providing extended life of the components
- Lowered costs related with the energy and material consumption
- Minimized environmental impact
- Rainford Solutions profile fitted in with the client’s aim of keeping everything as local as possible
‘These fibre-only cabinets (together with the full-capacity buried ducts) are a far neater solution providing a higher reliability, future-proofed, solution for generations to come. Do it once and do it correctly.’ Broadband for the Rural North